Has the Windows 10 phone preview worked unbearably bad for everyone?

AlexT09

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I know it's an early build and that bugs were to be expected, but I've been on the preview for my computer since the first build and am yet to complain, but I finally was able to get my phone rolled back today. I tried numerous times but it wasn't recognizing my phone. Additionally, about half my start screen would just disappear or move far from where it was. But my main problem was my phone simply wouldn't recognize my touch, followed by the fact it would almost always call the person I text on its own upon hitting send. Ihave the M8 and on the original install it didn't install properly and i had to do a hard reset. I thought the phone said jt was rolling back to 8.1 when I did it but 10installed. Anyway, did I get a bad install or am I just griping. I'm thinking about trying the install again, but having to hard power down 10 times a day just so my fingers would be recognized was beyond annoying. What are you guys opinion?

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I know it's an early build and that bugs were to be expected, but I've been on the preview for my computer since the first build and am yet to complain, but I finally was able to get my phone rolled back today. I tried numerous times but it wasn't recognizing my phone. Additionally, about half my start screen would just disappear or move far from where it was. But my main problem was my phone simply wouldn't recognize my touch, followed by the fact it would almost always call the person I text on its own upon hitting send. Ihave the M8 and on the original install it didn't install properly and i had to do a hard reset. I thought the phone said jt was rolling back to 8.1 when I did it but 10installed. Anyway, did I get a bad install or am I just griping. I'm thinking about trying the install again, but having to hard power down 10 times a day just so my fingers would be recognized was beyond annoying. What are you guys opinion?

I had the same problem with the touch.. Sometimes the apps do not open when i click on the tiles or try to open from app list.. Texts appear late while typing.. Restarts on its own sometimes(it did just now while i was replying to you. :p ).. My opinion: dont install it again..just keep less apps on your phone and less tiles on startscreen.. Downgrade via wprt if facing too many problems..

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it is pretty bad on my Lumia 1020. I am down to just my work phone now, as the technical preview made my personal device unusable. And sadly it has a bad USB port, so rolling back is not an option. Since the Lumia 640 XL appears to never being released on AT&T, guess I have to wait until Christmas timeframe for a new phone. Oh well, kind of nice breaking my phone addiction. 😊

AlexT09

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone! Yeah my USB would go into charge only mode when id plug it in my comp but magically when I wasn't even trying I plugged it into charge and it worked. Dusteater, im guessing you prob know this but the rollback might work if you go into settings, search for USB and then check something that says like "allow data transfer". If you haven't done that it maybe you could get lucky and roll it back. Mine still wouldn't for a week or two but like I said it just decided to cooperate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6