Why am I not getting the Windows 10 upgrade icon and how can I get it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

i am not getting windows 10 upgrade icon how to get it?

i am currently using windows 8.1 i am still not getting windows 10 upgrade icon.. how to get it?

William Jones8

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: i am not getting windows 10 upgrade icon how to get it?

I have the Icon and unless they came out with a recent TP you don't want it. It will brick your phone's home screen. I was able to get to the settings menu via the pull down action but other than play around with the new setting and layout you can't actually do anything, not even accept calls or text messages. My advice is to enroll in the slow build and not the fast to wait for a much more stable build for the Icon and 930.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: i am not getting windows 10 upgrade icon how to get it?

I have the Icon and unless they came out with a recent TP you don't want it. It will brick your phone's home screen. I was able to get to the settings menu via the pull down action but other than play around with the new setting and layout you can't actually do anything, not even accept calls or text messages. My advice is to enroll in the slow build and not the fast to wait for a much more stable build for the Icon and 930.

He's talking about the desktop Windows.

I would just wait a bit and make sure your PC is getting updates.
There's still time before 10 launches, so you can relax a bit until we get closer.

Mine appeared on the family Windows 7 PC right away, but it only appeared this morning on my laptop with 8.1.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
If you're joined to a domain (corporate network) you will not see it. Corporate IT folks already know Windows 10 exists and are making plans to upgrade (or not) and giving the user a choice they are probably not authorized to make would not be a good idea in this case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss