Whats gonna happen to my data after I upgrade to windows 10?

Blackberry-Prince

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
I have like 417 GB free of 899 GB. Its really important and I hope it doesnt get lost.
When I upgrade to windows 10 on July 29 will all of this be transferred to it? Or I have to backup or something. How does this work??

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
If you do an upgrade, your data should be safe. Should be. If you do a clean install, you'll lose everything and have to start from scratch including drivers, etc. I strongly urge anybody to back it all up to an external drive before doing any upgrades or installs. They're very cheap nowadays compared to the priceless photos, music or documents you may have stored.

Can't stress backups enough.

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Always partition your dirve. Keep all your data off the C drive. Then if you have to do clean installs you'll have no worries about losing data. Having said that, make use of OneDrive. You should use a serivces like LiveDrive or Carbonite to name just two. LiveDrive automataclly backs up all your data and keeps everything safe.

Sarveshwar

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Just be careful while installing Windows 10. Upgrade means ask data remains as it is. Clean install clears everything. Formatting the drive removes everything as well. Just select "upgrade" and you are good to go.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Put all your files into onedrive and subscribe to office 365 to get 1 TB of memory. Transfer everything to one drive and have no worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Just be careful while installing Windows 10. Upgrade means ask data remains as it is. Clean install clears everything. Formatting the drive removes everything as well. Just select "upgrade" and you are good to go.
This is the easiest and most painless way. You're even given the option to remove the TP and go back to where you were before. Can't go wrong with that.

Sent from my LG G3 via Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99