HTC M8... Died, won't charge, won't turn on, is it done?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I got my HTC M8 for windows less than a month ago... Yesterday I noticed something odd, I had the phone on the charger (the standard one that came with the phone) but it just wasn't charging, unless I played with it a little. Like if I pushed it in on an angle it would start to charge, and if I held it in it's sweet spot long enough and just set it down, it would continue to charge... Tonight the battery died on me. It was more difficult to find it's "sweet spot", and I couldn't keep it alive... I plugged it in, and for maybe one split second I got it to start charging, but after that it just died, and now I'm afraid it's dead for good... It won't turn on, the little red light that indicates it's "charging" won't turn on, I tried 3 different sockets, I tried the car charger, I tried it in my laptop, I tried holding the power button down until I just couldn't hold it anymore, I tried pushing that charger in from every different angle, and I tried a different USB chord.... For all intents and purposes it's just a decoration at this point. The phone literally will not charge/turn on. What... If anything can I do.... For the record, I didn't drop it, I didn't get it wet... I'm just kind of at a loss here. It's my only phone, the only real way to get in contact with me, and I need it for work. Any suggestions would be HUGELY appreciated... If not, I'm guess I'm going back to AT&T tomorrow and see what they can do about it.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Time to get a lumia(never heard of this happening) ;)

In all seriousness. I can empathize with how this just feel for you. Do you have any sort of insurance? Hopefully att can do something for you and get you a replacement out.

It sounds like there is something faulty about your battery and that is why these phones without removable batteries can be annoyance. Also sounds like a poorly designed charging port as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786