My Nokia 1520.2 touch screen is acting up, how can I fix it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

It seems as thought the keyboard gets stuck or it is switching windows screens etc. In all of these "spasms" the phone just gets a mind of its own and types weird stuff on the keyboard or taps itself into a frenzy.
If you are reading a book it may just keep switching pages or turn the screen control off/on repeatedly. If in a txt msg it will put random text in and send the msg.

If I hit the off button on the middle right to turn off the display then turn it back on it usually starts working correctly. This doesn't always work though.

Also sometimes the screen will just go really shaky and totally messed up and I have to turn it off completely. once turned back on it usually works for a while until i change everything again.

Not sure if this is a display issue or a display driver issue or touchscreen issue.

Any ideas on what to do or how to troubleshoot to see what is doing it. I already reset the pho

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: nokia 1520.2 touch screen is acting up

Your phone is posses by evil spirits.

no really, that's famous ,,phantom touches". You can't really do anything wich is 100% guaranty fix. Look for ,,lumia 1520 phantom touch". Internet/wp central is full of them.

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
The "flex fix" is 100% placebo (I'm sure googling will turn this up). It's just a physical defect with the phone. Not much you can do outside of just deal with it or sell it, hoping the buyer doesn't open an "item not described" case against you because of the phantom tap issue.

bill2455

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I've also experienced the shaky screen and touch issues, too, but is seems to come and go randomly. For instance, the last time it happened was about two weeks ago. Since then, I haven't experienced it at all and haven't thought about it. Wish it didn't happen but the phone is still worth it. My L1520 replaced my still awesome L920 only because I wanted to try out the larger screen format which I really really like. Now the L920 seems sooooo small when I pick it up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss