Can I install windows 8 on my asus vivotab rt tf600t ?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Actually I bought asus vivotab powered by windows RT and I can not install any other program which is not allowed or recommended by Microsoft. I want to know that can I install any other windows on it if yes then how? and what procedure will be?

zulqi0345

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
then how I can install programs which are not available in Microsoft Store
e.g. Google Chrome , Mozilla Firefox , Some games or other software etc.
Please give me some solution about it

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hang tight. My hope (I have a Nokia Lumia 2520 w/ RT) is that when Universal Apps hit for Windows 10 Mobile that RT tablets will get shifted over to the phone's App store.

This may or may not happen... It should since RT runs on the same ARM SoCs that power the phones. (My tablet is basically the same internals as Lumia 1520!) Microsoft has been very quiet about RT and promise only that Surface RT devices will get some update, but not to full 10.

Other than that... You might want to start looking for a full desktop Windows Tablet.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
then how I can install programs which are not available in Microsoft Store
e.g. Google Chrome , Mozilla Firefox , Some games or other software etc.
Please give me some solution about it

As things are now, you cannot. Consider the RT tablet as an iPad, not a PC.

I would sell that and get one of the many full Windows tablets that was flooded the market since.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For the $125 USD I paid for my Nokia Lumia 2520, I'm very happy with it. It has enough productivity, I can consume media, browse the net and play light games... I'm really not tablet intensive. The SIM slot and the Office 2013 are the real value in the thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa