Is Qi Wireless Charging really worth it?

ace1287

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
A good QI Wireless Charger is not cheap - is it really worth the money rather than just plugging it into the outlet? What is the advantage?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
For me it is. Enough so that I sought out and purchased the RM-938 version of the Lumia 1520 instead of at&t's crippled version that lacked built in Qi.

I have two charging pads, one at home and one at work. The convenience is that you can just plop the phone down on the charging pad when you aren't using it. I often go to bed after my wife, so I can easily drop the phone on the charger in the dark without having to fumble to find a plug, and mess around trying to plug it in.

One thing I will mention is that I don't use my Qi charger at my desk at work nearly as much, since the 1520 gets amazing battery life, it's less important to always keep the charge up than it was with my 920.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I LOVE it. I much prefer a stand type charger over a pad for the ability to see and interact clearly with the phone while it charges. When I don't have it I miss it terribly. When I do have it I use it to exclusion of conventional methods.

The ease and convenience are unparallelled and not having to mess with being tethered to a cord is highly liberating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs