Screen jumping issue with my Lumia 1520 - help!

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Recently my 1520 has started acting strange.

1 - When I try to take a picture, if I make the phone horizontal it acts like something has been pressed and starts jumping through menus and pictures and such.

If I press the power button to lock it and then unlock it I gain control again.

2 - It will start typing by itself or jumping to Cortana search as if a button has been pressed.

Again, locking and unlocking gains me control.

I have factory reset it but the issue remains.

Is it hardware or software related? My phone is in great condition but I am thinking of replacing my phone today because I cannot sell it because Windows Phone is not popular here in Thailand.

So, if I have to replace my 1520, which I think is a great phone, are there any Windows Phone devices that are actually better than this model?

Thanks for your time.

Ian

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like the infamous phantom touch of the 1520,,I had one

I am now om the Lumia 640 XL. Get one of those to hold you over until windows 10 :D

The best windows phones are lumias and you have the best(even with phantom touch). There is also the Lumia 930/icon and as I said Lumia 640 xl which foe the most part has not left me wanting my 1520 or any other hifu end phone.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
See if you can get it repaired. I just startrd having the same issue and its probably the touchscreen going. I personally wouldnt buy any of the current budget devices when a repair would fix the problem and leave me with a superior phone.
Sent from my S3

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
What about the Lumia 930? Is that better than the 1520 or is the 1520 still the best Windows Phone device you can buy?

Do you have any idea would could have caused this to happen?

I have not had the phone for a year yet.

Thanks to all for the replies.

Ian

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
What about the Lumia 930? Is that better than the 1520 or is the 1520 still the best Windows Phone device you can buy?

Do you have any idea would could have caused this to happen?

I have not had the phone for a year yet.

Thanks to all for the replies.

Ian

Some claim it happens if you carry your phone in your front pocket. Something with the digitize or whatever. Some people say that it may be a software issue. I really have no clue.

You can youtube "lumia 1520 screen issues" or google Lumia 1520 phantom touch and many threads about it on Windows central with pop up :)

As far as the 930....it is a great phone. I wouldn't say BETTER....more like nearly the same.
It is essentially the little brother the 1520. A slightly smaller screen(5 inches instead of 6).

It has the same camera front and back
Same processor
Same Ram

However it does not come with an SD card slot.
It does not have glance like the 1520 does.

I think the 930/icon is a great phone. I nearly bought one myself actually. I think it looks better than the 1520 does(love mine though) and I wanted one in orange. But I saw the lumia 640 XL and I decided to give it a try and I have yet to be disappointed really with it.

I was a bit snobbish towards a budget phone but there is a difference in buying something like a lumia 430/530/635 and buying a Lumia 640 XL and I have actually been impressed with how much I am not lacking since using a 640 XL which is a 'downgrade' in specs but in real life usage, it really doesn't feel like it

(I am doing a review hopefully later on it compared to the 1520).

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
See if you can get it repaired. I just startrd having the same issue and its probably the touchscreen going. I personally wouldnt buy any of the current budget devices when a repair would fix the problem and leave me with a superior phone.
Sent from my S3

Some people have claimed they had it 'repaired' and it didn't fix for them. Some say it did......

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I just went ahead and got a new phone.

I got the Nokia Lumia 640 XL which I am really enjoying.

I guess I will keep my 1520. I tried to sell it cheap in case someone wants an easy fix but nobody seems interested.

I would like to see your review please Micah.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon