Customers are using WP 8.0/8.1 and would like to know what updates are being released to prepare them for calls being logged?
    06-23-2015 08:17 AM
    Advise your users to go to Settings > phone updates and then uncheck the box for "Automatically download"

Then they get a notice that there is an update waiting and they can tap "get details" to see what the update contains before install.

I would assume that only OEMs and carriers (where applicable) get advance notification of updates.

As this is a fan based site in no way run by Microsoft, we only know when they hit - not before.
    What do you mean by calls being logged? Are you asking for a call recording feature?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-23-2015 08:22 AM
    Sorry I should have been more specific.
    I have complaints that when updates are released that users start logging calls because they are either having issues after install or are unsure if they should install it.

It would be nice if there was an advanced notification so we can send an update to the users
    06-23-2015 08:35 AM
    Advise your users to go to Settings > phone updates and then uncheck the box for "Automatically download"

Then they get a notice that there is an update waiting and they can tap "get details" to see what the update contains before install.

I would assume that only OEMs and carriers (where applicable) get advance notification of updates.

As this is a fan based site in no way run by Microsoft, we only know when they hit - not before.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-23-2015 12:49 PM