Hi Guys

I have a Nokia Lumia 630. Other than getting some SIM cards form different Network providers and actually trying them, is there any way I can tell if a phone is Network Locked or Unlocked through the phone settings?

Thanks
    06-24-2015 02:29 AM
    Or...

Open Phone and dial ##7820#

It takes you to a screen showing a SIM card icon with a Padlock icon in front of it. Is the icon Locked or Unlocked? That is the status of your phone. There is also an input field to enter your unlock code if needed.

Use the link jefbeard supplied (https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-US/O...nlocked_phones) to help determine which carrier can supply the unlock code.
    Hi Guys

I have a Nokia Lumia 630. Other than getting some SIM cards form different Network providers and actually trying them, is there any way I can tell if a phone is Network Locked or Unlocked through the phone settings?

Thanks
    You will have to do a bit of research first. You'll need to know your phones Mobile operator ID and Lumia Product codes. You can get that inof in extras + info settings. Then look it up on the internet whether or not that code is for a carrier-locked or carrier-unlocked / nonbranded phone.

You can start here

https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-US/O...nlocked_phones
    06-24-2015 02:46 AM
    Thank you Jef, very useful.
    06-24-2015 02:57 AM
    Or...

It takes you to a screen showing a SIM card icon with a Padlock icon in front of it. Is the icon Locked or Unlocked? That is the status of your phone. There is also an input field to enter your unlock code if needed.

Use the link jefbeard supplied (https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-US/O...nlocked_phones) to help determine which carrier can supply the unlock code.
    06-24-2015 12:50 PM
    Or...

I learned something new too - Thanks!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    06-25-2015 12:14 AM