During a phonecall, the screen on my Nokia 635 remains turned on for most of the call. This decreases battery life and is generally annoying, particularly in the dark when I don't want my ugly face lit up and scaring others away. How can I turn off my 635 display while on a phonecall?
    06-24-2015 11:46 PM
    Unfortunately, Lumia 635 has no proximity sensor. It's supposed to use the Accelerometer to recognize that the phone is against your ear.

Try these two things:
    * Set the screen to time out sooner (Settings > lock screen > "Screen times out after" dropdown list
    * When on a call try to remain conscious of good upright posture with the handset as this is the clue to the Accelerometer

You may also benefit from Using Gestures Beta https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/s...4-d2d4f8a4ac96 However, I don;t recall if it allows 635 to "Answer a call by picking up your phone and putting it to you ear." That certainly would help the phone realize you are on a call.
    Unfortunately, Lumia 635 has no proximity sensor. It's supposed to use the Accelerometer to recognize that the phone is against your ear.

Try these two things:
    * Set the screen to time out sooner (Settings > lock screen > "Screen times out after" dropdown list
    * When on a call try to remain conscious of good upright posture with the handset as this is the clue to the Accelerometer

You may also benefit from Using Gestures Beta https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/s...4-d2d4f8a4ac96 However, I don;t recall if it allows 635 to "Answer a call by picking up your phone and putting it to you ear." That certainly would help the phone realize you are on a call.
    Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    06-25-2015 12:40 AM