Is this a sign of bricked device?

saras112

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Today I've installed a new build of Windows 10. For some reason I couldn't unlock my phone and I did a hard reset thru key combination. After that it all seemed normal as I got spinning gears, but after that a sad smiley appeared. Things would have been so much easier if the phone stayed at that smiley, but it kept rebooting with spinning gears and a :-( , so there is no way I can use a Recovery Tool. Is there something I can do or my phone's dead?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Plug your phone into your computer. Search up Windows Phone Recovery Tool online. Download it, run it, select your phone and run the software. It'll revert your phone back to what it was running before Windows 10. From there you can skip forward to Build 10149 which is much more stable.

saras112

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Sadly I can't do that because the phone is restarting occasionally and the time while computer detects it is really short. I'm afraid that while in recovery mode it can restart and the phone get bricked completely.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't think any normal method can brick a phone.

Your mistake was that you did not read the most important mote about build 10149, which is that after it installs it needs 10-15 minutes on a dead lock screen, then things will get back to normal.

Sadly you interrupted that.

I suggest doin what was said previously, do it through wprt, things will work out I sm 95% sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster