Hello! I have been using cracked windows 7 for over a year now because my old windows crashed and I couldnt find the old Windows 7 OEM installation disk that came with my old computer ( I had to use cracked because at the time I couldnt afford a new licence). Yesterday, I found the old Windows 7 OEM installation disk and I was thinking if it would work if I installed it over my cracked Windows, I want to make sure that I get windows 10 for free. I heard that installing OEM copy to new computer wouldnt work but also others say that it will work. I have the activation code. Thanks in advance.
    06-29-2015 11:15 AM
    installing an OEM windows from an "old" computer will indeed not work on a "new' computer.
    An OEM license is "locked" to a PC and most probably to the processor so you still can for example change the hard drive, add more RAM replace an USB port etc.
    installing an OEM windows from an "old" computer will indeed not work on a "new' computer.
    An OEM license is "locked" to a PC and most probably to the processor so you still can for example change the hard drive, add more RAM replace an USB port etc.
    RumoredNow and jmshub like this.
    06-29-2015 12:01 PM