My Lumia 625's can't be turned on even if it still got a lot of remaining power.

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Its screen is fully in black, but when I press the camera button for a long time, it give me respond that we get when we turn on our Lumia. But that is just the respond, nothing appear on the screen. It won't turn on no matter how many time already I press on the switch on button. What can I do to turn it on and what's wrong exactly? Before this happen, I got problem with my Whatsapp. The problem is, I don't see chats that I sent appear on the chat box and apparently my friends also do not get the chat that I send. Its already a few times already that I sent my chats but then it went disappear. This happen to my Lumia a lot recently. FYI, my phone's storage already reach its limit. Can it have anything to do with that?

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm sure that the lack of storage is a factor. Let's see if you can get it to boot up so you can move or uninstall some of the stored info.

Press the down volume and the power button at the same time. (Make sure you are plugged into the power). Hold these two down for at least 15 seconds or until you feel the second vibration. Release both and see if it will boot up normally. If so, go to your apps and see what you no longer need and uninstall.

If this does not work, I'm afraid that you will have to use the Lumia Software Recover tool and reload your OS. You will loose your data and pictures unless you have backed them up. If you have to do this step, do not reload the saved backup, this will only bring you back to a lack of storage problem you have now. Choose not to reload and then finish setting up your phone. The Windows Phone store will have the apps that you own and you can decide which ones to reinstall.

Once you do this, I highly encourage you to use Onedrive or Dropbox to automatically upload your pictures and personal files.

Good luck and let us know if you still need help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923