i think in a fit of lunacy, i bought about 5 nokia lumia. 3 635 and 2 520. today, i was about to download an app from app store and it says that something to the effect of having too many phones under one account and it's denying me to download an app.
    anyone knows anything about this travesty? if anything, they ought to thank me for buying their product.
    07-10-2015 02:26 AM
    If they are stolen instead of 'bought' then the IMEIs would have been reported and therefore banned
    This has nothing to do with the Windows Store. That has to do with whether or not someone can activate a phone through a carrier.

-------------------------------------
    You can have up to 5 devices on a Microsoft account. Devices include phones, tablets, laptops, PCs, Xbox, Surface Hub, HoloLens, etc.

This prevents a small business from using one account to purchase an app to run on 15 computers, 15 phones, and 15 tablets. App developers could easily get ripped off this way, so there is a limit to the number of devices.

5 is a reasonable number.

There may be an old device or computer still linked to your Microsoft account that you no longer use. If so, you can log into your Microsoft Account on the internet and remove any devices that are no longer in use. I had to do this recently myself.
    If they are stolen instead of 'bought' then the IMEIs would have been reported and therefore banned
    07-10-2015 03:10 AM
    This has nothing to do with the Windows Store. That has to do with whether or not someone can activate a phone through a carrier.

-------------------------------------
    You can have up to 5 devices on a Microsoft account. Devices include phones, tablets, laptops, PCs, Xbox, Surface Hub, HoloLens, etc.

This prevents a small business from using one account to purchase an app to run on 15 computers, 15 phones, and 15 tablets. App developers could easily get ripped off this way, so there is a limit to the number of devices.

5 is a reasonable number.

There may be an old device or computer still linked to your Microsoft account that you no longer use. If so, you can log into your Microsoft Account on the internet and remove any devices that are no longer in use. I had to do this recently myself.
    xandros9 and RumoredNow like this.
    07-10-2015 07:16 AM