Maximum number of phones under one account?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

i think in a fit of lunacy, i bought about 5 nokia lumia. 3 635 and 2 520. today, i was about to download an app from app store and it says that something to the effect of having too many phones under one account and it's denying me to download an app.
anyone knows anything about this travesty? if anything, they ought to thank me for buying their product.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
If they are stolen instead of 'bought' then the IMEIs would have been reported and therefore banned
This has nothing to do with the Windows Store. That has to do with whether or not someone can activate a phone through a carrier.

-------------------------------------
You can have up to 5 devices on a Microsoft account. Devices include phones, tablets, laptops, PCs, Xbox, Surface Hub, HoloLens, etc.

This prevents a small business from using one account to purchase an app to run on 15 computers, 15 phones, and 15 tablets. App developers could easily get ripped off this way, so there is a limit to the number of devices.

5 is a reasonable number.

There may be an old device or computer still linked to your Microsoft account that you no longer use. If so, you can log into your Microsoft Account on the internet and remove any devices that are no longer in use. I had to do this recently myself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans