There is a problem with the way outlook.office365.com is setup. Error code: 86000C1C, how can I fix this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

There is a problem with the way outlook.office365.com is setup. Error code: 86000C1C

I am facing this issue for past few days and no access to my office emails because of this issue. Can anybody throw some light on this issue

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: There is a problem with the way outlook.office365.com is setup. Error code: 86000C1C

Could you please register and answer more questions so that we may be better able to assist you?

Are you using personal Office 365 or Office 365 from your employer?

Are you using a desktop/laptop PC or a phone?

What platform and version are you using? (Windows for desktop--which version?, Windows Phone--which version?, another mobile platform--Android or iOS which version?)

ale2999

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This is actually a new enrollment, so I never had issues cuz I`d never tried.
My workplace recently transition to outlook365, in tune for MDM and they have setup instructions for IOS, Android and Blackberry.

As they didn`t have instruction for W10M, I tried to figure out the enrollment and I think that I was successful, besides the fact that I get error There is a problem with the way outlook.office365.com is setup. Error code: 86000C1C`` when I try to get the outlook mail to sync.

This could be an issue on my IT side where they have to fix some policy, but if you could point me in telling them what to do it would be great.

Rabbiddog

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Check the Exchange Admin Center in Office 365 for your account. I got the exact same message when trying to sync email from Office 365 to the email client on my Windows 10 build. When I checked my Exchange account, under Mobile Devices, the Exchange ActiveSync option was blocking my system. I had to select Allow for this option and also create a rule for all other accounts in my Office 365 subscription.After which, I was able to get email. They also had a message that briefly popped up stating they have disable sync for Android and iOS temporarily and will re-enable it shortly. I assume they are having some sort of issues with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99