Reset my phone back to Windows Phone 8.1 from 10 without using Windows Phone Recovery Tool

W

WPCentral Question

Installed Windows Insider in my phone and got the Windows Mobile 10 Preview. Now I need to reset my phone back to Windows Phone 8.1. When using Windows Phone recovery Tool it's ending up with an error after completing the download of the software. So when I tried doing factory reset, it's again installing Windows Mobile 10. Please help me to restore my phone to 8.1 without using the Phone Recovery tool.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
What error do you get. Is it after the installation of the WPRT or if you connect your phone and download the firmware of your phone?
The WPRT is specially made for the roll back but if you do not want to use it you need to use for example the Nokia Care suite but for a novice this is much more complicated then the WPRT.

So I would suggest to register and reply on this post which error you get.

Firewalls and virus scanners may prevent the installation of the WPRT and a network may prevent the downloading of the firmware and an "bad" connection between your PC and your phone will also give errors. (change USB cable or USB ports or PC)

Good luck

janusalex

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Hey Harrie,

Thanks a lot for your response!!
I face error when the firmware downloaded completely. Not sure what the error was. It happened everytime when I'm trying that. Almost 5 times. Internet connection is too good, downloading 1.5 GB in 45mins to 1 hour.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire