Microsoft website says
    'On your computer, open a file manager, such as Windows Explorer or Finder, and browse to your phone.
    Tip: Your phone is shown under portable devices as Windows Phone. To see the folders of your phone, double-click the name of the phone. '

In Windows Explorer under my computer I can see my drives but no phone. there is no portable devices category. trying to 'add device' does not bring up the phone.

The phone is connected to the computer with a USB cable.

Any ideas? It should just be a matter of plunging in and finding the phone I thought
    07-15-2015 07:53 PM
    When you plugged in, did any drivers load? They need to.

Can you see it in Device Manager? Anything with the Yellow Triangle and ! mark?

You can use this tool: View any installed/connected USB device on your system Right click the .exe and "Run as Admin" to view all your USB drivers. Delete any that Are labeled Nokia or Lumia.

Then plug the phone back in and the drivers should install.

If you need to add additional information, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made.
    Guytronic likes this.
    07-15-2015 11:16 PM