Will windows 10 download before date and install on July 29th or download on July 29th?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Will windows 10 be downloaded before July 29th?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
No.. Windows 10 will first be provided to the insiders and then to the general users :) so expect w10 in august if you're not an insider..

My info might be outdated tho :D

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There is going to be a tremendous que of users waiting on July 29. As ven07 states, Insiders get first dibs.

You could download the .ISO and burn to disk, then upgrade from that. Or so I've read somewhere. Better you control it and also have a hard copy on hand. I have a brand new laptop in a box waiting on 10. ISO is my plan of attack.

Maybe make sure you get your current key copied down to be safe. Try this utility: ProduKey - Recover lost product key (CD-Key) of Windows/MS-Office/SQL Server

Roland Schlangen

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Hmmm, Somewhere on a win forum I've read that indeed portions of win10 will be downloaded before July 29th. These portions are all be hidden somewhere on your harddrive/SSD. Then when the calender hits July 29, all these portions will stitched together and Win 10 will install. The reason for this distributed upload to our computers is to prevend overloaded servers.

I searched like hell on the web but unfortunately I cannot find the source. Sorry...

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I made an ISO from the latest build 10240 downloaded esd file, in the process NOW of upgrading machines. 99.9% guaranteed that it is the RTM, that's what the OEM's have been given.

Contrary to what people are saying in forums and their interpretation of the "official word," activation is already automatic when the machine already had a prior qualifying license. On a Win8.1 machine that had never been signed in with my Insider account and never had a Win10 build on it, upgraded it with the ISO and it's activated and working.

Why wait until the 29th other than for the inevitable patches to be released on Windows Update?

RumoredNow: why is that laptop still in the box?!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720