Why is my Nokia screen cutting off?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why is my nokia Screen Cut Off

My Nokia has a part of its screen were its cut off at the bottom the icons still work i can see anything and every where else on the screen there are lines

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why is my nokia Screen Cut Off

What Nokia Phone are you using?

What OS & firmware are you on?

Are there any significant things that may have happened to the device that may be suspicious of causing this, such as a water spill or a drop?

Pamatha Hope

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem and it's driving me nuts. When I type a text in I can't see what I am typing. It happened during a update at night so not related to dropping or damage. I have tried everything to reset it back to the way it was. Also, my app "Truecaller" that blocks calls was totally wiped out the blocked calls? I have brought it to the T-Mobile store and they just said "weird" and of course suggested I get another cell. I spent a hour with Tech at T-Mobile but since Window's cells are kinda rare they didn't know what to do so I need help because if I do a Hard Reset will lose some text needed for court. Anyone have help?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem and it's driving me nuts. When I type a text in I can't see what I am typing. It happened during a update at night so not related to dropping or damage. I have tried everything to reset it back to the way it was. Also, my app "Truecaller" that blocks calls was totally wiped out the blocked calls? I have brought it to the T-Mobile store and they just said "weird" and of course suggested I get another cell. I spent a hour with Tech at T-Mobile but since Window's cells are kinda rare they didn't know what to do so I need help because if I do a Hard Reset will lose some text needed for court. Anyone have help?

which phone model do you have and what OS is the phone on?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My Nokia has a part of its screen were its cut off at the bottom the icons still work i can see anything and every where else on the screen there are lines

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

It's a Lumia 635.

there's a current issue with the 635/636/638 models where parts of the screen are covered up so that you can't use them effectively. This is due to the Anniversary Update - you'll need to wait for an update to fix it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster