How can I make an automatic voice command on Cortana?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Cortana voice command

I am using cortana on Lumia 640XL, i don't want to press speak button for every time if i want to know somthing.
Is there any option like automatic voice recognition?

Jeremy Blankenship

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Cortana voice command

I have the Lumia 640 (normal) I have cortana also and I do not believe that you can without pressing the speak button otherwise it would just start searching wasting data from everything you say or do (fart, burp, lol get the point?). YMMV that is just my thoughts. I would hate the automatic voice recognition unless it was direct like saying "Cortana ---wtvr" like google say does I guess? However I think that is still protected with copyright laws. Give it time ;)

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Cortana voice command

I am using cortana on Lumia 640XL, i don't want to press speak button for every time if i want to know somthing.
Is there any option like automatic voice recognition?

In devices with higher specifications, passive listening is possible - you may have heard of "Hey, Cortana". But for the Lumia 640XL, that feature isn't available.

Jeremy Blankenship

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
That long press is kind of cool. Now I just need to figure out how to use this to my advantage. I never had siri and told this is better, but without knowing what exactly to do with the thing its like telling a blind man to watch out! lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea