A fake app to hide pics?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I remember there was a fake app, that was a metric converter, a translator, or something similar, but it was actually an app to lock pics.
Anyone knows it?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I remember something about that one... I had seen it on the store when searching for something else.

If I recall correctly, it doesn't actually give you any real security other than not obfuscating the location of those pictures. The only way I know of to actually make pictures "secure" is to put them in a TrueCrypt container or something comparable, but that would be on a PC.

I'll go do a store search and see if I can find it for you, and possibly a couple of alternatives. I'll post back with what I can find.

UPDATE 1: (more to come)
Media Locker Pro looks like a good one. Just search by the title and you'll find it just fine. It doesn't pretend to be something else, but is very secure.

UPDATE 2: (final)
I simply can't find another app on the store at this time that is even worth trying. They either have bad reviews, don't actually hide anything, or offer only a false sense of security. I was unable to find the app that looked like a different program. Sorry. Perhaps someone else will have better results.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05