Non genuine version of Windows 7SP1 got get Windows 10 app and reserved, is this really happening?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Non genuine version of windows 7SP1 got get windows 10 app and reserved

Is it really going to upgrade to windows 10.Or after installing it will ask for a key.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Non genuine version of windows 7SP1 got get windows 10 app and reserved

If you upgrade, it'll still be non genuine Windows.

However I think staying in the Insider program might be "free."

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
If you upgrade, it'll still be non genuine Windows.

However I think staying in the Insider program might be "free."
I don't think it would be free for insiders.. If that would be everyone would do that and get genuine w10.. Insiders who had genuine 7/8 will have the official 10 and those running pirated will have watermark below on right hand side

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

I don't think it would be free for insiders.. If that would be everyone would do that and get genuine w10.. Insiders who had genuine 7/8 will have the official 10 and those running pirated will have watermark below on right hand side

Actually it will be genuine for Insiders. You just have to keep using the preview builds (which can still mean staying on the slow ring), and you've got a genuine copy of Windows.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

If you have non-Genuine Windows 7 or 8.1, you upgrade free... To non-Genuine 10. It bears a watermark advising of the non-Genuine status. You will be cut off from updates including critical updates to patch bugs and security issues.

Microsoft will offer you "attractive pricing" to convert to a Genuine license.

No word that Insiders get a magic pass from non-Genuine to legitimate licensed 10.

Upgrading To Windows 10 From Windows 7/8.1 Pirated

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

Actually it will be genuine for Insiders. You just have to keep using the preview builds (which can still mean staying on the slow ring), and you've got a genuine copy of Windows.

Yup, you can keep using preview builds of the OS as long as you test builds and let MS collect diagnostic data

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234