If i upgrade to windows 10 and do clean install does my preinstalled software stay?

kyled7859

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I looked online and couldn't find the answer. I'm running Windows 8.1 and I'm going to get the free upgrade to Windows 10, but I was wondering if all the programs and drivers acer (the company who made my pc) put on my computer will stay.
Thanks.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Everything stays. A couple may be uninstalled if incompatible (some antivirus/Acer specific tools/drivers). The upgrade Wizard will warn if that is going to occur.

Data and programs remain as they are.

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
If it is a "clean" install, not sure if they will. Unless you update from within 8.1. You will then have the option to upgrade or a clean install. The old files will be under Windows.old.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
You are confusing terms and thus are getting contradictory answers. When you upgrade to Windows 10, you can do an upgrade or a clean install. An upgrade will update your existing Windows installation to Windows 10. Under this scenario, all applications and settings should migrate to Win10 without issue.

If you do a clean install, that typically means that the old OS drive is deleted and a new install of Windows 10 is installed. You will have to create your accounts again, install all of your applications and copy over any files that you want on the PC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte