Windows Enterprise downgrade/upgrade to Windows Pro

igeekman

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I currently am running Windows Enterprise 8.1 and would like to be able to get Windows 10. How do I change my license to Windows Pro so I can get Windows 10? Thank You

MicroGamerTV

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
You only have to wait until Aug 1 to download Windows 10 for Enterprise. Changing your SKU for a few days isn't worth the hassle.

What edition of Windows will I get as part of this free upgrade?
Some editions are excluded: Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, and Windows RT/RT 8.1. Active Software Assurance customers in volume licensing have the benefit to upgrade to Windows 10 enterprise offerings outside of this offer.

I'm not an Active Software Assurance user, so my best bet is to download Windows 10 and use a Windows 8 Pro product key?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Basically, only the Enterprise editions of Windows aren't going live today. So, what version are you running now? If you are running Pro or Home editions of Windows, you will get the update today.

If you have an enterprise edition of Windows, I would wait. The enterprise version of Windows 10 releases early next week. If it were running an Enterprise SKU, I would just wait until Monday to upgrade.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Enterprise versions of Windows are not really sold in the same way that the other version are. They are only available through licensing. If your Software Assurance subscription is not up to date, then you are not eligible for Windows 10, at least not if I understand it correctly.

I do not believe there is a way to downgrade from Enterprise to Pro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon