Windows 10 incompatible system?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hey Guys!

I wanted to install Windows 10 on my tablet today in the morning. It didn't Work. So I tried installing all the updates (which also included some Graphics system upgrade). After that, when I clicked on the Win10 icon, it was saying I can't install Win10 on this computer, because the PC manufacturer hasn't made my system compatible? As a reason is showed intel graphics media accelerator, which is not accepted...

Why would anyone make some Graphics driver incompatible with Win10? Do some of you experience this problem also? They said if I can run Win8.1, then I won't have problems with running Win10... Seems like it's not really what they've been saying all this time...

Please help me if you can!

Bizarro_Prime

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
It could be something as simple as your drivers are out of date. I've noticed that sometimes the drivers provided through Windows Update aren't always the most recent.
Try getting the latest drivers directly off the Intel website.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey Guys!

I wanted to install Windows 10 on my tablet today in the morning. It didn't Work. So I tried installing all the updates (which also included some Graphics system upgrade). After that, when I clicked on the Win10 icon, it was saying I can't install Win10 on this computer, because the PC manufacturer hasn't made my system compatible? As a reason is showed intel graphics media accelerator, which is not accepted...

Why would anyone make some Graphics driver incompatible with Win10? Do some of you experience this problem also? They said if I can run Win8.1, then I won't have problems with running Win10... Seems like it's not really what they've been saying all this time...

Please help me if you can!

I ran into the exact same problem (same description too), what irks me is just prior (4 hours) to the "official upgrade" process my tablet had green checks marks showing every aspect was up to snuff including graphics, the day it comes out we're a fail, have a PC that's giving me the same notification also... No worries though as there is a link to browse "NEW" PCs LOL, maybe MS is in cahoots with PC manufactures... :wink:

PS... Have six devices I planned on upgrading and "all" showed they were compatible, two were updated via Insider Build 10240 a couple of days prior and are working fine including being activated (some slight driver updates), another failed the Insider Upgrade with an unknown issue that's yet to be determined, will be curious what its status is today along with the 6th unit not looked at.

Last edited:

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I ran into the exact same problem (same description too), what irks me is just prior (4 hours) to the "official upgrade" process my tablet had green checks marks showing every aspect was up to snuff including graphics, the day it comes out we're a fail, have a PC that's giving me the same notification also... No worries though as there is a link to browse "NEW" PCs LOL, maybe MS is in cahoots with PC manufactures... :wink:

PS... Have six devices I planned on upgrading and "all" showed they were compatible, two were updated via Insider Build 10240 a couple of days prior and are working fine including being activated (some slight driver updates), another failed the Insider Upgrade with an unknown issue that's yet to be determined, will be curious what its status is today along with the 6th unit not looked at.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Same problem !! :eck:

Yep me thinks MS pushed this out the door waaaaay too soon, definitely not complete, lovin it on the two machines I do have it installed on but this upgrade process seems to be riddled with problems. Before someone says "well that's to be expected" I have to say "yes, but not too this degree", from my DOS days up until Windows 8.1 I've never had/seen issues that rival this, when they say Win 10 will never be complete they aren't kidding as it came out of the gate still in kindergarten. To make up a PC there a few essentials in hardware that are a "must have", MS appears to have overlooked that aspect going by my personal experience, I have six devices that are up to the task yet only one got a unequivocal pass with the majority failing, what's that telling you?

In the end, for me, that warm a fuzzy feelin has fizzled towards Windows in general and where it is heading, this latest has me thinking of the Denim fiasco where some handset to this day still haven't received and what we can expect in regards to Win 10 compatibility, my gut feelings are some PCs will never get it via OTA upgrade and will require user intervention (manual upgrade through obtained ISO), done many OS installs in my day and had yet to find a PC, that's more than capable spec wise, that could not be upgraded with a little elbow grease, today I can honestly say that has just changed, at least for now.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Guessing this is a way for MS to hit the pause button.

I have read of users running the 10 on their ThinkPad2 and they said that it seemed to have reverted back to Windows 8 speeds (8.1 had a significant speed boost). I'm guessing (I'm no programmer) that the same issues that haunted our ThinkPad's for windows 8 was not addressed / over looked for Windows 10 since the focus is for the latest and greatest devices not devices that are 2 years old or older.

Similar to Lolipop on my Moto X 2013 I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait 3 to 6 months for our upgrade (seeing that Lenovo was just fine with placing my 1st Gen Moto X on the back burner I imagine they will do the same with my ThinkPad 2). At the end of the day it's a good thing, better impressed and satisfied with an upgrade in 6 months than frustrated and regretting an upgrade now.
Patience truly is a virtue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos