Windows 10 Device Limit Reached (Two devices and a phone?)

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi all
I keep getting a pop up saying ive reached the device limit, it takes me too a page show my devices and tells me to remove one. But its only showing two laptops and the phone?. But after several attempts apps do load on the 2nd laptop. Ive even had an email from MS about the device limit.

Any clues how to stop this??

A Smithson

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Same here. Had 3 devices showing when I clicked on the link in the email error message (one was my Insider test VM, which I removed), but still getting that email now with only 2 devices. If the goal is to increase PC and Tablet sales with Windows 10, limiting a Microsoft account to 1 or 2 PCs probably isn't going to help with that. Hopefully this is a glitch, since last I hear the limit would be 10 devices.

jamie j1

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
i got this stupid device limit reached e mail too

only shows the laptop as device for limits

this crap got to be a bug in windows 10

should let you sync with any devices you use 1 or 100

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Device Limit Reached (Two devices and a phone?)s

It looks like you'vereached your device limit for installing apps and games from the Store on yourWindows 10 device. If you want to install apps and games from the Store onanother Windows 10 device, remove a device from the device list.

Same here 2 devices Phone and Surface​

vikash singh1

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I didn't get a mail. I am using a windows phone on preview i.e. Windows phone 8.1 Hp laptop on windows 8.1(will be upgrading later this week) and a pc on windows 10. The apps were working fine untill this morning but now as I click the mouse the scree comes up but it closes soon after. I am not able to use any app on my pc.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
This happened to me. I went in my Microsoft account to see and it turns out the VM's (VMPlayer) I was using to test Win10 on were being counted!!! There were four of them.

Very easily removed those, and a phone I sold. Easy.

AllanQuatermain

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I had a similar problem with a limit on devices, I have many windows phones and a surface tablet, and thought I would use my Microsoft account to set them up and received notice that a limit of four had been reached, I just set up a new Microsoft account for the extra phones and problem solved,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12