I have been using Perfect Note from the Windows App Store for around 8 months. I had stored a multitude of very important information in the app.

After using it today, exiting and going back into it, I found everything had vanished. It is like I just installed it. It shouldn't have done any updates from the store, as I have to manually update any app that I want updated.

I hoped to use some recovery software on the PC to search for the files. I sent an email to the app developers explaining the situation and asking if they know of a way to recover what was lost, why it was lost, and where my files would be stored and what their file extensions are.

I got a reply back the same day. They were polite and said that they were very sorry for what had happened, but did not answer any of the questions that I had asked.

They did point out that there is an option to have the notes backed up to OneDrive. I can't imagine that I would have known about that or seen it and not set it up for use, but apparently I did not, since there is nothing in my OneDrive account.

I hooked the phone to my PC, but you are not able to access a real file system, only folders that MS has allowed. This is not the file system that I need. The recovery software also cannot access the phone, so that idea will not currently work.

Anybody with expertise in this area, help please?

Thanks!
    07-30-2015 09:03 AM
    Ya.. you can gain access to the windows file system.. It's a bit tricky though...

After that.. I'm not sure if recovery tools will be able to read that "drive" ...
    07-30-2015 09:06 AM
    Hey, I'm sorry about what happened to your files. FilesSearch Tool by KrojamSoft is a great tool for lost files.Check it out.
    07-30-2015 09:18 PM