Windows 10 Error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (epfwwfp.sys), how do I fix it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 Error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (epfwwfp.sys)

Installation went well and everything looking good until next day when I changed my Region and language settings. after re starting I got the message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (epfwwfp.sys)
This is on Dell xps15 laptop.
The system went through all the troubleshooting steps with the same result. Tried to rest but same outcome. Laptop cannot start. Please help

zFcBoxhead

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (epfwwfp.sys)

Same issue here. Downloaded Windows 10 when I got the prompt and worked fine for 2 days until there was no sound and I did a restart to see if it would fix the problem but now I get the same error and can't start the computer without going to the blue screen. This is on an Acer Aspire TC-605.

Chas C

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site

Had same problem, worked well then trouble. Suggested solution did not work and had to go back to W8.1.

HammerBlow

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site

Worked great for me. For those not sure:

Press F8 when pc start - advanced opcions - troubleshoot - advanced opcions - command prompt
Good luck

Followed by:

TYPE ON COMMAND PROMPT:
DEL /F /S /Q /A "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\epfwwfp.sys"

One thing to bear in mind, if you main windows drive is not C, change it to the correct letter :)

KidZoom

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site

Caused by eset firewall protection. Can use ren command as opposed to del command. Open the driver folder as administrator, change epfwwfp.sys to epfwwfp.old. Either way it disables eset firewall. Can ren back to sys after a few restarts. Or reinstall eset.

Jensbest

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

What if you can't use the command prompt or type anything in? It is a blue screen with options to continue to
windows 10 which doesn't work. I just updated windows 10 and was using photoshop when it happened. I can't lose my work. It just occurred to me that it could matter that I have a lenovo laptop?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte