Why isn't the Windows 10 update giving me an option to update?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 update not giving me an option to update

Hello, i got the icon to reserve my windows 10 update and it said it would be ready the 29th of July and that has past and i have still not seen a pop-up or anything to activate the download... am i supposed to be looking somewhere in my files or what? Thanks in advance.

Roland Schlangen

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 update not giving me an option to update

No it doesn.t if you choose the upgrade path to Win10.
After downloading the tool and running it, you have 2 options:
1. Upgrade your current system --> This is the option you need in order to retain all your data AND make sure Win10 is activated with the right Key info.
2. Create a bootable DVD or bootable USB drive

In order to get the activation the right way, you MUST first update your current OS. This way your OS will be updated to Win10 retaining all your settings, files and apps and gets activated correctly. (Note: you won't see the Key info)
After the upgrade, run the tool again and choose to create a bootable DVD or bootable USB drive and store it for future disasters :)grin:)
In case you have to do a clean install in the future, use your created DVD or USB drive and don't worry about the activation. Of course doing a clean install will cause loosing apps and other files.

More info:
This is the link you need: Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool - Windows Help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99