Why can't I connect my Windows 10 PC to my Samsung Galaxy Note 4?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I cannot connect my Windows 10 PC to my Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

I have tried to connect phone to PC via both USB cable and Bluetooth. Have also tried smart switch and Kies 3.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Download and extract View any installed/connected USB device on your system Inside the folder > right click the exe > run as admin

Delete all drivers marked Samsung > plug the device into USB and let a fresh set of drivers install.

Might be worth a try and takes just a moment or two.

Our USB ports are typically overworked these days as we plug and unplug everything that tech brings to us. Glitch happens.

shortersz999

Sep 29, 2017
Visit site
Re: I cannot connect my Windows 10 PC to my Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

Follow this link its for the windows recovery tool it has the usb drivers included for your phone even if u never use the pc program the usb drivers will connect your phone to the pc http://www.windowsphone.com/en-ie/how-to/wp8/phones-and-hardware/recover-my-phone

Thank you djeire very much. .. I've been trying for months to solve this problem but it didn't work. ...
But your link was very useful. .👍👍

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Not sure why you would need the Windows Device Recovery Tool for a Samsung device? Maybe I misread the question, but you seem to be unable to connect a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to a PC. Therefore, make sure the Note 4 is set to connect as a MTP device over USB, so you can transfer files to and from it, and make sure you have Samsung Kies installed to install the correct Windows USB drivers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans