Windows 10 Upgrade is Broken

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have an HP Laptop, came with Windows 8 and was running 8.1 I upgraded to Win10 today and ever since then, I'm having a lot of issues. One, is Cortana wont allow me to search. Another is I cannot access my settings at all. I tried from the start, I tried to search. Nothing. It pops up a hollow box for a fraction of a second then its gone. Also, when I right click on the desktop and click "Personalize" I get the following message [This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel]

I also, performed a system restore to no avail, and a reset from the troubleshoot menu on Windows to see if that would fix it, all that did was uninstall my programs, reset my computer to windows bare. And the problems still persist.... Its borderline useless. I have quit a few features and functions not working. Any advice please!

Also most of the default windows apps will not open. I just get that flash of a hollow window and its gone...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3