Does anyone else have graphic distortions with Intel Drivers in Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am encountering a very specific and frankly infuriating issue with intel's HD drivers for windows 10.
I'm running 10 on a Surface Pro 3 with i5 and intel hd 4400. Install and updating everything went fine, and as far as I can tell, Windows 10 is pretty stable.

However, in certain apps and programs (mostly Windows App specific: OneNote (note desktop) Edge, and even the Start Menu) the color of things will darken increasingly to the point where I can't read certain menus.
The favorites bar and web address bar in Edge for example, will increasing turn darker and darker as I use them until I can no longer read the web address or my favorites button. Tiles in the start menu are the same.

I've narrowed the issue down directly to Intel's graphics driver, since once I disable it and revert to windows default driver, the issue goes away.

Does anyone know if this is a setting or something in the driver itself I can turn off, or if this is just a faulty driver and we need to wait till Intel releases (another) 'fixed' one?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb