Removing news feed from EDGE Windows 10

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Is there any way to totally remove the "news feed" from appearing each time Edge opens in Windows 10. Annnoying...I'll search my own news....

Kevin Freels

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
It's easy, just a little backwards. You have to go to your settings and change your "open new tabs with" and choose top sites or blank page rather than "top sites and suggested content".

THEN you have to go up and change "open with" to "New Tab Page".

So you will have set the new tab page as you want it and then told the browser to launch using that same page.

It's bizarre....like many other things that I won't even get into. You would think that you would set the start page and then choose whether you want new tabs to replicate that or not. But for some reason that only the twisted minds and MS can figure out, this makes sense to them.

Hate_newsfeed99

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! I have read so many suggestions that didn't work and I was getting so frustrated that I almost gave up! Your instructions were perfect. I have gotten rid of the stupid news feed I never wanted in the first place. You are Awesome!!

jnsunderscore

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
also remove under "advanced settings" the show "home" button. This button is also directing to the propaganda pages from msn. And not to your set start pages as it was supposed to.
And when working, this is very distracting.
These are little annoying things making edge just half as good as it could be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett