My wifi won't stay connected?!

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I just downloaded Windows 10 on my HP Elitebook (not sure what model, but bought it refurbished a few months ago. It was and still is in good shape.) At first, the WiFi wouldn't show up on the available networks section. I found some instructions somewhere in the settings saying that the last resort should be restarting the router.

I did, and it worked! So I went on using it, until I got tired and closed the computer. Next time I opened it, I tried to get onto Microsoft Edge, and it said there is no internet connection. I restarted my router, and it worked.

But every time I close my computer for more than 5 or so minutes, it disconnects from the WiFi and I need to go and restart my router. It always works after (and I restart the laptop) but this is getting tedious.

I understand this is the first version of Windows 10 and there is bound to be some problems. I love Windows 10, and would hate to have to go back to Windows 7 until this gets fixed. My brother has Windows 10, on a newer Dell computer and has no problems. Please, is there any way I can fix this??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos