I have a Dell Inspiron 530 which is now running Vista. Can I install Windows 10 on this computer?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am wondering whether my Dell Inspiron 530, which is now running Vista and a Core 2, is compatanle with Windows 10?

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I have the same sort of issue. Im about to buy a new laptop which states it has windows 8 (not 8.1) would I be given the activation if I upgraded to 10? Or is it specifically 8.1?

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
If it really has 8 and not 8.1. You will be able to update it for free to 8.1. After that, you can get 10 for free:)

I don't believe that you can upgrade directly from 8 to 10 but I could be wrong on that. Whatever the situation though, you will get 10 for free.

That being said, I doubt that there is a store that actually sells a laptop with 8 today. Probably they counted 8.1 as 8 or they didn't want to change the packaging :)

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
@rising thanks again im in the caribbean where lots of stores' staff have no idea of anything. I guess I'll have to give it a try. A whole lot of updating.
I'll update this post tomorrow with the details of the laptop (its a dell i7 1tb 8gb ram)
Cant today as its CARNIVAL!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb