Windows 10 was able to use wifi, but now is repeatedly unable to connect, what should I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 was able to use wifi, but now is repeately unable to connect .

Recently updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.
Everything was working for a few days including access to the internet via wifi.
Updated Bitdefender to version supporting Windows 10, everything continued to work.
The next day the Dell system had frozen so I performed a hard boot.
Thereafter I have been unable to link the wifi. The network indicator in the systray indicates "limited". I have run the trouble shooters which resets the wifi adapter successfully in the computer but indicates a connection in the network remains unfixed.
I have reset the network security to Microsoft defaults.
I have reset my wifi routers and modem.
Other computers, phones, and TVs can access the net in our home via our wifi, but the Windows 10 computer keeps indicating that the wifi connection is "limited" and I cannot load any web pages regardless of the browsers (Opera, Firefox, Chrome, Edge).
Has anybody else been having a similar problem? Any suggestions?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 was able to use wifi, but now is repeately unable to connect .

Try this:

1) open "command prompt"
2) Type "ipconfig/release" and press enter
3) Type "ipconfig/renew" and press enter

Please register and post back if it didn't work.

ronjohn316

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 was able to use wifi, but now is repeately unable to connect .

Same issue, ipconfig/release returns, "No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection* 2 while it has its media disconnected."

In Network Connections, only Wi-Fi is listed, no LAN connection is listed or being used. Creating Static IPs had initially helped connect to wireless at home, which is still intermittent. At my work wireless network, Starbucks, and other public wifi hot spots when I know there is a security code or a user agreement is required, the window with the opportunity to enter or accept never appears. I've allowed pop-ups and all cookies, and tried Chrome, IE and Edge.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750