Trackpad 3 finger flick not working on Windows 10, how can I fix this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Trackpad 3 finger flick not working on Windows 10

Hi,
I just upgraded from Windows 8 to windows 10 and everything is working great except for my trackpad. I have a HP Envy laptop with synaptics ClickPad V1.1 and I can scroll with two fingers, tap with 3 fingers to pull up cortana and tap with 4 fingers to pull up the action center on the right... but I can't do the 3 finger flick to pull up all the windows/applications I have open and switch between them like I used to be able to do in windows 8. I have been to the trackpad settings and I have the 3 finger flick checked off and turned on, but it isn't working. Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks

Scott Baird

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
I also have an HP Envy laptop with this problem. The 3 finger flick worked the first time I tried it after installing Windows 10, but stop working as soon as I restarted the computer. All other scrolling and gestures are working fine. Looking for a solution as well.

memorynetwork

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Hello all,

I am currently facing the same problem. I own a Dell Inspiron N5547, updated from W8.1 to W10 Pro a few days back. The Dell Touchpad came installed with the upgrade, and for the first 2 days, all the gestures were working perfectly. On the third day, the three finger scroll up (for task view) stopped working and invokes Cortana instead. Its really annoying, I tried to restart my latpop but faced the same problem.

I tried to search for solutions, one included uninstalling the Dell Touchpad from Programs and Features, then downloading the latest version from the Dell website. I did so, and installed it again, and once again for the first day the three finger scroll was working perfectly, but when I woke up the next morning, it started invoking Cortana again.

Does anyone face the same problem? And have any solutions? Thanks!

Corvin Deboeser

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

I was facing the exact same problem with my Lenovo Yoga 13 (1st edition). After I uninstalled the software (not just the driver, but the whole synaptics software in "programs & features") and reinstalling the latest driver version from the lenovo website, it worked just fine again.

After uninstalling and before reinstalling ensure that the whole key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics" in the registry is deleted: open the registry (type "regedit" to the Cortana search window and open regedit.exe) and navigate to the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE". There should not be a folder Synaptics. If there is, just delete it and restart your PC. After restarting try to reinstall the driver from the HP website.

I don't know if this will work out for HP Envy, but it worked just fine for me.

Regards

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750