Stop cortana from loading??

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have been doing a lot of reading on this forum and have gotten some great information.. great forum.. This probably is not doable, but is there any way to stop the Cortana services from running? I don't use it nor plan to and it is a memory hog and wondering if there is anyway to prevent it from loading at all. I think I already know the answer, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Simple, go into Cortana, click on the hamburger menu in the upper left corner, click Notebook, then navigate to Settings. If I remember correctly, the option to turn Cortana off is right there at the top. From the Settings Menu you can also turn off other Cortana functions.

bonskibon37

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
I have done that part, but it still is running in the background and if deleted it just comes back. Wondering if there is a way to stop it altogether through the services setting.

bonskibon37

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Upon digging a bit deeper, it appears that Cortana is integrated into the window search feature, so I guess it will have to stay running in the background even though it doesn't get used.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes