How can I import my bookmarks into Edge from Chrome..don't have the option?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I want to import my bookmarks into Edge from Chrome...don't have the option

I do not have the option to click import my bookmarks from Google Chrome...the only option I have is IE which I don't have. I've checked everywhere without luck. Help.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Re: I want to import my bookmarks into Edge from Chrome...don't have the option

Don't take my word for it, but I'm pretty sure you have to save your bookmarks/favorites from the browser you're wanting to import (Chrome in this case) in order for Edge to find it.
Again, NOT certain, but I had saved my favorites from Internet Explorer from Internet Explorer before I started using Edge.

kdk24z

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: I want to import my bookmarks into Edge from Chrome...don't have the option

I went from using Firefox only in Win7 to now only wanting to use Edge in 10. The only option that shows up for me to import from a different browser is Internet Explorer. What I did was export my bookmarks/favorites from Firefox to an html file and then open Internet Explorer and import that html file into Internet Explorer. After that I was able to open Edge and then import those favorites into Edge and now I don't need to worry about Firefox nor Internet Explorer. So far I'm loving Edge with all my bookmarks/favorites and with the host file trick have ads blocked! :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos