Windows 10 Crashed. Start Menu and Cortana not working, how can I get it working?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 Crashed. Start Menu and Cortana not working

After installing a game (Blade and Soul) i tried to launch it, and then it crashed my laptop. (ASUS ROG) and after the restart, start menu and Cortana is not working and my system is a little laggy/sluggish than before. Please help. Your assistance is very much appreciated.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Crashed. Start Menu and Cortana not working

I think its a widespread bug and no one has really figured out a solution for it. For some disabling the AV worked while for some a reboot did. I had that bug today on my W10 Pro machine and the system actually gave a prompt that said something like start menu and notification bar is not responding and the system needs to sign me out to fix it. I rebooted my machine eventually and the bug went away. I am pretty sure MS is aware of it and a fix might already be in the works.

Last edited:

wicked21

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Crashed. Start Menu and Cortana not working

well, that sucks. :amaze:

i should probably revert back to win 8.1 and then once the fix is up, i'll upgrade to win10.
it's kinda frustrating though. the anticipated win10 had these kinds of bug.

Another one is that when i use MHC player with SVP, yea you said it, lappy crashes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon