Why isn't my Guest Account showing up on the LogOn Screen?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Guest Account not showing up on LogOn Screen

Hi,

I was not able to find 'Enable Guest Account' option in User Settings. I tried running a command to activate guest through cmd but i could'nt see that appearing on my log on screen even after logging out/Restarting.

Please Help.

Thanks,
Ajaz

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Re: Guest Account not showing up on LogOn Screen

Microsoft has disabled this feature for reasons of RAAAAAAAWR and such. I'll teach you how to create a local account with no password.
First, navigate to Settings. You can do this one of many ways: go to the Start Menu and use the dedicated button that's always present, go to All Apps and find it, use the Quick Action present in the Action Center, or press [Win] + . In Settings, you'll want to go to Accounts, then navigate to Family & other users. There are two categories: Your Family and Other Users. Go to Other Users and click Add someone else to this PC. It'll bring up the menu to put in their information. You'll want to press at the bottom The person I want to add doesn't have an email address. This will bring up a menu to create a Microsoft Account. In the same place at the bottom you'll want to press Add a user without a Microsoft Account.
Now you can create a local account. If you don't want this account to be password-protected, simply don't put in a password.

Last edited:

William Greenawalt

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Guest Account not showing up on LogOn Screen

I set up my wife as another user on my computer after installing W10. I can switch to her account by first starting with my account and clicking on my picture in the pop-up window in the lower left corner of my desktop.
This is unacceptable to me. She needs to be able to go to her account without going to mine first.
How can I get her listed on the lock screen so we have the choice there?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2