I have toshiba l50-b-235 laptop with built-in Onkyo stereo speakers, enhanced by DTS Sound, Skullcandy certified and now all of sudden since upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8 the volume is really low (it has dropped around 50%). what can i do to fix it
    08-06-2015 09:21 PM
    Open Control Panel > in the upper right make sure to "View By:" Large Icons

Device Manager > find "Sound, video and game controllers" > expand the list in that category > right click on the device that controls your audio > uninstall > you will need to reboot your system to effect the changes

Device Manager > Sound, video and yada > expand > audio controller (should have a yellow triangle with an exclamation point) > right click > install drivers > install automatically > reboot

1 Open Hidden Icons in taskbar
    2 Right click audio controller and select "Sound Manager" or "Properties" or whichever lets you make adjustments right to the sound card master control

capture.jpg
    08-07-2015 12:24 AM
    That hasn't fixed the problem. Under device manager in sounds there is only one option and that's conexant smartaudio hd. i do not know what has happened to my skull candy onkyo speakers drivers
    08-07-2015 06:59 PM
    Sorry that hasn't fixed it... You may have to check the Conextant site for drivers or on the PC for a Conextant Control Panel and tweak the settings.

The Skullcandy Speakers should be the same for drivers, check their site. First try, disconnecting them and reconnecting to get drivers to auto-update. If there is a Skullcandy App that powers those you could try running it in compatibility mode.

It may be a case of that component manufacturer not updating drivers as of yet. I know quite a few users are finding drivers manually rather than auto-detect. Check the date on drivers found on the web...
    08-07-2015 10:39 PM