Why has my volume level gone very low since upgrading to Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My volume level has gone very low since upgrading to windows 10

I have toshiba l50-b-235 laptop with built-in Onkyo stereo speakers, enhanced by DTS? Sound?, Skullcandy certified and now all of sudden since upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8 the volume is really low (it has dropped around 50%). what can i do to fix it

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: My volume level has gone very low since upgrading to windows 10

Open Control Panel > in the upper right make sure to "View By:" Large Icons

Device Manager > find "Sound, video and game controllers" > expand the list in that category > right click on the device that controls your audio > uninstall > you will need to reboot your system to effect the changes

Device Manager > Sound, video and yada > expand > audio controller (should have a yellow triangle with an exclamation point) > right click > install drivers > install automatically > reboot

1 Open Hidden Icons in taskbar
2 Right click audio controller and select "Sound Manager" or "Properties" or whichever lets you make adjustments right to the sound card master control

Capture.JPG

Jigar Parekh1

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site

That hasn't fixed the problem. Under device manager in sounds there is only one option and that's conexant smartaudio hd. i do not know what has happened to my skull candy onkyo speakers drivers

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Sorry that hasn't fixed it... You may have to check the Conextant site for drivers or on the PC for a Conextant Control Panel and tweak the settings.

The Skullcandy Speakers should be the same for drivers, check their site. First try, disconnecting them and reconnecting to get drivers to auto-update. If there is a Skullcandy App that powers those you could try running it in compatibility mode.

It may be a case of that component manufacturer not updating drivers as of yet. I know quite a few users are finding drivers manually rather than auto-detect. Check the date on drivers found on the web...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999