Why is Excel in Office 365 so unstable since upgrading to Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Excel in Office 365 is so unstable since upgrading to Windows 10.

Excel often freezes. Sometimes crashes. And initially the ribbon and information page were appearing blank. Any ideas?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Excel in Office 365 is so unstable since upgrading to Windows 10.

I certainly am not having issues with Excel 365 or any other Office 365 apps since upgrading to 10. Perhaps there is something about your hardware configuration or your drivers that are not installed correctly.

We may need more details about your hardware configuration to assist. You may want to register for an account and post back here so that we can work back and forth to assist you in resolving the issue.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site

I would also check to see if all MS products are selected in your Windows Update screen. Unless checked, other MS app updates may not be downloaded and applied. Don't think this is the problem but surely a quick way to make that determination.

Sccy

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site

Hi there. I've now created an account. Excel keeps greying out or freezing. It becomes unresponsive but it does allow me to click on the top righthand X and then asks if I want to save.
On the Windows update screen I can't see any breakdown of which items to select.
I'm not an IT expert but I'm not a Luddite either

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos