How can I add more ram?

bonskibon37

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Want to add more ram...

I have no idea what I should buy... This information I got from Speccy.. What exact ram do I need, I want to add 4 more GB.

RAM
4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)

RAM
Memory
Type DDR3
Size 4008 MBytes
Channels # Single
DRAM Frequency 798.1 MHz
CAS# Latency (CL) 11 clocks
RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) 11 clocks
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 11 clocks
Cycle Time (tRAS) 28 clocks
Command Rate (CR) 1T
Physical Memory
Memory Usage 45 %
Total Physical 3.91 GB
Available Physical 2.11 GB
Total Virtual 4.60 GB
Available Virtual 2.76 GB
SPD
Number Of SPD Modules 0

Thanks for any help.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Want to add more ram...

Okay, bonskibon37, I'm going to need specs of what you're trying to put the RAM into. How much do you have now, and what are you trying to accomplish here?

If it is a desktop PC, I need to know if this is custom built or a particular brand pre-built. If custom, then what is the brand/model of the motherboard? If a branded pre-built, then the brand and model of the unit.

If it is a laptop, please give brand and model of the laptop.

Also, what is your CPU: Brand/model/speed. If overclocked, what have you overclocked it to MHz-wise?

If this is for a phone, have a soldering iron and extremely steady hands ready. ;)

I've built a lot of PCs, and getting the proper components is a specialty of mine. Just give me the extra info and I'll see what I can do to assist.

bonskibon37

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Want to add more ram...

Okay, bonskibon37, I'm going to need specs of what you're trying to put the RAM into. How much do you have now, and what are you trying to accomplish here?

If it is a desktop PC, I need to know if this is custom built or a particular brand pre-built. If custom, then what is the brand/model of the motherboard? If a branded pre-built, then the brand and model of the unit.

If it is a laptop, please give brand and model of the laptop.

Also, what is your CPU: Brand/model/speed. If overclocked, what have you overclocked it to MHz-wise?

If this is for a phone, have a soldering iron and extremely steady hands ready. ;)

I've built a lot of PCs, and getting the proper components is a specialty of mine. Just give me the extra info and I'll see what I can do to assist.
Thank you for your help... I have a Toshiba Satellite L75-B7270 and will be getting a PNY - 1 X 4GB DDR3 Low Voltage Notebook Memory to add to my existing 4GB ram... have an empty slot and upgradeable to 16, but don't need that much right now. Got some help from Best Buy finding the exact kind I needed for my system. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99