Win 10 upgrade today-Settings will not open. How can I fix this?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Win 10 upgrade today-Settings will not open

After the free upgrade I am choosing to go back to Win 7. Pathway Start > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. Then choose "Go back to Win 7" or "Go back to Win 8.1". I click on Settings and see it for a microsecond. I have tried multiple pathways. The Help forums are full of this problem when searched on Google. Please help......

bonskibon37

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Win 10 upgrade today-Settings will not open

Do you happen to have a restore cd or usb? I haven't heard good things when systems are upgraded to windows 10 and then reverted back.

Francis McNamara

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site

I'm a bit older. My daughter did this upgrade. I've followed all the directions. Even with Win 10 I can't open the Settings button to even revert back. Tried the Windows button + I, and Windows button + a. All three let me see the Settings screen for a microsecond and it's gone. The license #'s are on the bottom of the laptop. Can I download Win 7 from Microsoft? Settings is a pretty basic thing, right?

Last edited:

bonskibon37

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site

I'm a bit older. My daughter did this upgrade. I've followed all the directions. Even with Win 10 I can't open the Settings button to even revert back. Tried the Windows button + I, and Windows button + a. All three let me see the Settings screen for a microsecond and it's gone. The license #'s are on the bottom of the laptop. Can I download Win 7 from Microsoft? Settings is a pretty basic thing, right?
Did your computer come with CDs when you bought it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786