After install Win 10 Upgrade reminder still continues, what should I do?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

After install win 10 Upgrade reminder still continues

I successfully installed win 10 using MediaCreationTool64x on 30th July. The upgrade reminder is not however removed. When I visit a windows site I am frequently reminded of my reservation. I am afraid that the system will continue to try to install the 3Gb data unnecessarily.

bonskibon37

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: After install win 10 Upgrade reminder still continues

Do you have the GMX (think that's what it was) icon in your system tray? After I upgraded through windows update I got an email the next day from Microsoft telling me that my upgrade would be ready soon.

bonskibon37

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site

It was that icon that got loaded into windows 8.1 to reserve your copy of windows 10. I think you should be fine and it will not download again.

nmwijn

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site

I upgraded from win 7 not win 8. Toshiba Satellite laptop.
On July 30th I tried to upgrade to win 10 from my Update window. After three attempts that failed, I saw that the reservation for the upgrade had disappeared. I was at a loss what to do. Then I found this possibility to do the upgrade by using the tool mentioned above. It went very well and win 10 works fine for me since then..
Also my Properties of Computer says that win 10 is properly activated and it shows a product code for my machine.

However, several times when I visited a windows webpage I saw a notice that my reservation is still running and that I can expect an upgrade at some time. E,g, on the page -- answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/do-i-need-microsoft-silverlight.--
Although the date it shows on the announcement on this page is August 1st, I wonder if somewhere inside my machine there is a switch for the reservation that has not been turned off.
The announcement says Where is my upgrade? It is coming! Wait for your notification ....etc.
If this is the case, that is, if the upgrade reservation is still active, will it conflict with my present situation? and will my machine try to download the necessary 3Gb in the background in the meantime?

In my present Settings I cannot find any mention of an upgrade.

bonskibon37

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site

Are you talking about this? Capture.PNG

bonskibon37

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site

If that's what your talking about when you go to a Microsoft page that is just an announcement. Some people don't have the upgrade yet. I see this too. It is only reminding those who don't have the upgrade yet to be patient.

nmwijn

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site

Yes, that is what I see.
Thank you very much for your reply, bonskibon37.
You have taken away my concern about this.
Moderator: My question is answered and solved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99