ASUS Smart Gesture: three-finger swipe no longer moves back/forward

W

WPCentral Question

Windows 10 automatically updated the driver today. Now three-finger swipe does all kinds of stuff, but not the most useful one: moving back and forward in the web browser. Is there any way to restore this functionality?

Timothyleary

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here. When I first upgraded to W10 my trackpad worked proprly, but then a message appeared saying that Windows was upgrading the driver. After that, no more 3 finger swipe back and forward, even on file explorer.

I tried a clean install but no success. I think I will email Asus Support.

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
I think I found a solution to your problem.

I was having the same issues, and uninstalling Asus Smart Gesture from the control panel, restarting my computer, and then installing the old windows 8.1 (64-bit in my case) driver seems to work for me now - two finger scrolling and three-finger previous/forward gesturing included.

I found the driver on the 'Asus Smart Gesture support site' by choosing Windows 8.1 instead of Windows 10.

The file .zip is called 'SmartGesture_LinearSetting_FOCAL_64bit_VER228' to be specific. I uploaded it to filedropper.com in case anyone ever needs a mirror.

Hope this works for you!

I can't post links, because I'm new here.
Hopefully you'll be able to decipher these non-links: filedropper . com / smartgesturelinearsettingfocal64bitver228
support.asus . com / Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=smart+gesture

(I cross-posted this from a reddit-thread describing the same problem as your. Here's a link to that, in case you want to join the discussion over there: reddit . com /r/ Windows10/comments/3gfb27/after_latest_driver_update_asus_smart_gesture/)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon