Won't let me go back to Windows 7 from Windows 10 because of newly added accounts?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When I select ?get started? in Settings to ?Go back to Windows 7″ (because I don't want Windows 10 anymore), it says that I need to remove new accounts and their profiles that I added after my most recent upgrade. It states: ?you created one account (Administrator)". I had 2 Administrator accounts from BEFORE I updated to windows 10: the built-in Administrator and my personal one that I worked under. The only one it would let me remove was the latter one so without thinking it thru I deleted that one and tried the ?get started ? button again only to get the same message! And now my main user account is gone and it still won?t let me revert back to Windows 7! I tried to add a new user account just to see if it would let me restore windows 7 after adding a new account and then deleting it, but now it won't even let me add a new account. I tried Settings > Accounts > Other Users > and when I clicked on the "Add someone else to this PC" button I would see a new window flash really quickly as if it was trying to open but to no avail! I appreciate the help as I'm at a loss as to where to go from here.

Tim Dolbear

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here. I only have the one account. I go to user accounts and its mine and says Admin. I can't remove or change its setting. W10 revert will not let me go any further and W10 has been a nightmare.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo