Assuming that the specs are the same, is there an advantage to using a Windows phone?

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes and no.

Windows phones are generally about a streamlined experience, meaning for example i had the 520 and now have a 920. The experience was somewhat similar in terms of performance until CYAN came about. If you look around on YouTube you'll notice that the 920 performs similarly to the 930/1520. So no, not much difference.

However if MS does take steps to improve on higher end devices then yes there would be some noticeable perks.

Android on the other hand, you get what you paid for and performance varies from device to device.

Also the ask a question section is where you need immediate help.

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Well that depends on your usage.. I would say check app availability because you are using an Android.. Battery and camera might be better than Droid.. BTW what 1525? I haven't heard about any such phone..

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

anon(631531)

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Well that depends on your usage.. I would say check app availability because you are using an Android.. Battery and camera might be better than Droid.. BTW what 1525? I haven't heard about any such phone..

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

Google it. A new high powered beauty, with 3gbs of ram and 32gbs storage on board. 6" screen. I had been looking at the Lumia 640xl lte, but this new one may get me away from Android. Since i'm with AT&T, my choices are limited.:wink:

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
All the news about so called 1525 is of 2014,there is no such device coming up.. The next flagship offering would be lumia 950 and lumia 950 xl with 5.2" and 5.7" inches WQHD 2k display.. Nothing has been confirmed yet and Microsoft may surprise us.. 640 xl is just a midtire budget handset on the other hand your G3 was a past flagship.. Wait for Microsoft to announce something.. Meanwhile you can get lumia 640, a 5" device, for testing WM 10..you can get it for 80 $... Or maybe cheaper than that..

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire